- What are the types of event processing applications, what are the motivation/ROI for using event processing?
- What are the conditions for EP COTS to "beat" hand-coded EP
- Business evaluation about trends, markets, industries etc...
- Relationships with other areas - BPM, SOA, XTP, CODA, Cloud computing and more.
Micro issues about event processing applications:
- Description of interesting applications
- Experience report of customers - what worked well? What needs improvement.
- Patterns of use and methodologies for best practices.
Macro issues about event processing technology:
- Technology trends and Research trends
- Technology challenges and engineering challenges
Micro issues about event processing technology:
- New functional features (e.g. supporting uncertain events)
- Non-functional requirements (e.g. what is latency?)
- Development tools
This is probably not a complete list, but indicates on directions, this is more or less the topics that will be discussed in the 4th event processing symposium, and in the next postings on this Blog - I already have a backlog of several topics to post...