- Collection patterns is a good idea.
- Get the dimensions work to the next level of detail, so languages will be able to be profiled on capabilities matrix
- Some opinions were to layer the functions in different layers. There were also counter opinion, but we'll take the issue back to the workgroup.
- As for standard, most people thought that we cannot achieve language standard in the near future, and interoperability standard should be a better goal.
- Meta-language may be attempted, maybe as extension of other meta-languages.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
5th Event Processing symposium - second day
Still in Trento, here is another view from Trento's center city. Today we have started the day with the second reach-out session, this time to the IT management (AKA network and system management) area. The second keynote, Kristian Stewart, from IBM (formerly Micromuse) gave a good survey about the area, followed by a panel. This is an interesting domain, and we'll continue to look at the synergy between different domains of event processing. Next I have provided the report of the language analysis workgroup. There has been some long discussion about standards and next items. Directives for the workgroup: